2007年10月21日 星期日

HOMEWORK 4

Homework 4 49482004江則潔

Specific Purpose

2. I have to let them know and understand the details about my company's plan and show them our confidence. In addition to getting the message I hope they can approve and support our plan.

4. I mail this e-mail to show my anxiety about the water bill. And my purpose of telling every one this message is that I hope every one can use the water economically. I hope everyone who read my message will take it seriously so I have to tell them if they don't care about it what bad consequences will happen on them.

6. I have to let those new users understand the company's joy for their participation. Then ensure them our good quality and the benefit they will get from us so that they will continue using the system and posting their new ideas and information.

Exploring the Web on Your Own

"You" view is to center your reader, focus on what they will want to know and what they need. Because when they read a business message, they need to see what's in it for them. The Business Writing Tips website gives me many tips for business writing. And there are some tips telling about how to write for your reader. First, you have to practice being specific and use terms your reader can picture when you are describing someone or something. That is, you have to avoid vague expression. For example, when writing "He is associated in various teaching capacities with several local educational institutions," revising it as "He teaches copyediting at Florida State University and technical writing at the University of Georgia," will be much clearer. Second, you have to select a proper pronoun which can make you focus on your reader. For example, don't write "Our sales seminar will cover three important tools for contacting customers." Instead, focus on your readers with "In this sales seminar, you'll gain four important techniques that will help you to successfully contact customers." Third, you have to make your writing reader-friendly because business people are busy. So, make your document easy on the eye. Use lots of white space, bullets, and short paragraphs to chunk information. If you must write a long proposal or report, use headings to break the text into meaningful segments.


沒有留言: