2007年9月30日 星期日

Homework 1

Homework 1 Jessica
1. Reflection of Project Implicit.
I took a demonstration test of European-African American IAT. There were four parts in this game. First, the screen showed you a picture and you had to press certain key to identify weather he (or she) was a European American or African-American. Second, the screen showed you a phrase and you had to press certain key to identify weather it was positive or negative. Third, the test put African-American and positive phrase in the same group, and European-American with negative phrase. Fourth, the test put African-American with negative phrase in the same group, and European-American with positive phrase. The game assumed that most of the people associate African-American with bad things, which made us tend to do a better job when African-American were put in the same group with bad phrase. But I was not really sure about that. Because the test put African-American with negative phrase together in the fourth part of the test, we had several chances to train our finger and brain. So it was very reasonable to do a better job!
2. Ethical Choices Because of your excellent communication skills, your boss always asks you to write his reports for him. But when the CEO compliments him on his logical organization and clear writing style, your boss responds as if he'd written all those reports himself. What kind of ethical choice does this represent? What can you do in this situation? Briefly explain your solution and your reasoning.
I think it was "What impact will this message have on the people who receive it, or who might be affected by it?" If I was in this situation, I would keep silent at first. It was very unwise to irritate your boss. I would let other people knew that it was I who did the job well. And when chatting with my coworkers I would mention "Oh! I was so busy! I had to write report for my boss. " If my boss did the same thing again, I would consider leave him and find another boss. If my boss needed my professional skill that much he will give me a promotion, and if I was so excellent in communication, I will not be afraid of no one would hire me anymore.


沒有留言: