2007年10月2日 星期二

Homework 1 49482041 Hayden

Homework 1 49482041 Hayden

1. Reflections on Project Implicit Website
I take demonstration tests on the website. There are about fourteen tests, and I choose some about weight, Asian, sexuality, and age. I think the test is fun because it wants me to tell the images it shows which belongs to left kind or right kind. I have to press "e" bottom to represent left kind and press "i" bottom to represent right kind. At first, I can handle these orders, but later it switches the place of two kinds, and even adds the other two kinds to let me choose. Sometimes, I am confused and choose the wrong answer and my two hands become inharmonious and that may influence my score on IAT. I think some images it gives are too arbitrary, especially when I do the part of weight since I think someone in picture is not fat but the answer is totally opposite to my opinion, and that may also influence my result. The purpose of the test is to demonstrate the conscious-unconscious divergences of our human, and I find some results are different form what I expect. It shows something I think is wholly different from "my mind." It is really interesting.

2. Ethical Choices
I think this case is an ethical lapse because the behavior of the boss is clearly unethical. When I face such situation, I will probably not tell CEO the truth. I work for my boss, and it is also my duty to write his reports for him. I can understand what my boss did. If CEO knows all reports are not made from my boss, actually
form his assistant or employee, and CEO maybe not put great stock in my boss any more. But for my boss' own good, I will advise him that he should learn how to make good reports, and I would be pleasure to teach him how to do that. Since I can not always help my boss after all, my boss has to complete his reports independently one day. So I think teaching him how t do great reports for himself is the best way.

沒有留言: