2007年10月6日 星期六

Homework2許芳仁

Homework2
49482010 Emily
1. Ethical choices
If I am the team leader facing the situation, I will choose a fine way to tell Tanya my decision. What I will do is to send her a friendly e-mail massage. It is because through a phone, I may not express myself clearly by a voice mail. Things told in voice mail usually are brief and short but I need more time to talk. Moreover, meeting her takes both of us valuable time and I believe that time is money. Plus, face to face, that may let her feel embarrassed after I tell her my thought. So I choose to send her an e-mail. If I can have things done through e-mail, why not do it? In the e-mail, I will talk to her directly that I can not let her be a leader in the meeting and the reasons as well with a gentle tone. As long as she has any questions, she can send e-mail or talk to me in person.
2. Telephone and voice mail
Hello, Mr.Brown. It's Emily. I have something urgent to discuss with you. People of facilities department are going to move my staffs to another office on Monday morning but I'll have an important meeting with David Jackson in my office that day afternoon. I must keep my office until the afternoon after meeting is finished. So, can you cancel the move? Please call me as soon as possible. My number is 0968-332-258. Thank you. Goodbye.
I visited the website, and had some fun. It really offers abundant meanings of graphical symbols. Some symbols I have never seem of them but others are so fimilar with us that people still use in the modern society. I did some graphic search. For example, a symbol like figure three, 3, can stand for more than five meanings and I was a little shocked. 3, this symbol, stands for alchemy in the Old Times, or a logo of Mcdonalds when it moves 90 degrees, or a flying bird in art, or air transportation in modern military. Besides, there is a symbol used in foreign country looking like the pillow in my bed and it means here you can get a job. That is interesting because I can never relate it to this meaning. In addition to graphic search, there is word index as well, so it seems to help people a lot who have questions. Plus, people can receive many kinds of information on it, also. For me, when I am bored or I need some help from this website, I surely will visit it again.

1 則留言:

anne 提到...

I seldom relate 3 to McDonld. Well, maybe I am not imaginative enough. I am very curious. What is your pillow like?