2007年10月6日 星期六

Jane's homework 2

HOMEWORK II 49482047 Jane
1. Ethical Choices
I will choose meeting with her to explain my view of her position. First of all, only talking face to face can show my sincere intention. If I refuse her request to let her be the leader by the two other means, she might feel insulted. Though my rank is higher than hers, I would like to talk face to face with her in order to show my respect especially when my refusal could be viewed as an insult to her. Secondly, misunderstanding often occurs when others' facial expressions, tones, or other nonverbal signals are unknown to us. We can know others' attitudes by observing the facial expressions or attending to the tones. Moore might misunderstand my view of her without access to my nonverbal signals. Most importantly, talking face to face can convey each other's messages clearly. I would like to explain my view of her as clearly as possible; on the other hand, she might have some questions about my answer. If we talk face to face, we could have more opportunities to exchange our thoughts and reach a consensus. Therefore, I think meeting with her is the most appropriate choice.
2. Telephones and Voice Mail
Good afternoon, Mr. Sedaka. This is Carol Greenfield. I'm sorry to disturb you, but I have something important to tell you. I just learn that I'm going to move to another office, and I think it's pleasant to work in a new place. But I have to request you to postpone this removal. Because I have an important client to meet on Monday afternoon, and I need to finalize some contract details in the morning. I can't accomplish my work without accessing to my office, and I'm afraid that I might not satisfy the client if I can't get the contract completed. Therefore, I wish you to postpone the removal so I can get everything ready. If you could not make a decision right away, please call me when you get my message. My phone number is 0958741877. Thank you. Have a good weekend.
3. The Business of Touch
Before visiting this website, I only know the fact that smiling is a universal language. But having visiting this website, I find handshake is also a universal way of greeting. Though every country does have its own way to greet, handshake is acceptable. For example, everyone knows that in India, people greet with a Namaste; however, Indians shake hands when meeting foreigners. And in France, men greet each other with kisses or handshakes. Despite shaking hands, ladies-first is also a general etiquette. Men usually wait for women to offer their hands, or they are acting impolitely. In addition to ladies, elders are often respected. I am glad to know that handshakes can be applied to almost every country, and I think it makes communicating with foreigners easier. That is, even we don't know their traditional way to greet with each other, we can replace with a handshake instead of being rude. Moreover, the fact that ladies are respected is exhilarating to us ladies.

沒有留言: