2007年10月2日 星期二

homework from 49482055 蕭淑蓉

Œ Reflection on Implicit Project®
After taking the test, I finally realized that this test aims to reveal our attitudes we have toward other races or genders in two ways. One is a self-awared attitude. In other words, we know we have such values and express what we believe openly. For example, the first test let us "choose" what attitude we have toward African Americans or White Americans; the other is a subconscious one. That is to say, the beliefs and bias we have and are not even consciously aware of. For instance, in the "Skin Tone Test", the program wants me to put good adjectives with white Americans together, and bad adjectives with African Americans together at the first part of the second test. I took the first part of the second test with no difficulty while I failed at the second part of the second test—put bad adjectives with White Americans and put good adjectives with African Americans. The outcome somewhat surprised me because it turned out that I was in favor of White Americans instead of what I had thought before the test-- both of them. As what I have said about the second part of the second test, I might also be the one (just like other test takers) who are not aware of my subconscious thinking.
Ethical Choices
In this case, it might represent ethical dilemma because I don't know if I should report the truth to the CEO (to tell the truth in order to stand up for my rights) or keep silent and compromise with the present situation (to maintain my boss' reputation, for I am still under my boss' control at this present). If I were the person in this situation, I would keep silent because I am still one of his subordinates. Besides, these things may not only happen when you are "the" boss' subordinate. In another word, when I work in other companies or work under other superiors, the familiar situations may happen again and again. If I cannot tolerate and learn to be patient, I could lose my jobs when I go to new companies. After all, I still need a job to sustain my living.

沒有留言: