2007年10月3日 星期三

49482010許芳仁

Homework 49482010 許芳仁
Emily
1.
I visited the website and did some tests like young-old IAT, native Am. IAT, and gay-straight IAT. As a matter of fact, after doing those, I was surprised at the results, especially the Gay-straight one. I thought the result would be that straight people and gay people are equal to me. For one of my teachers in high school had a speech that people should treat gay people with respect that our society does not give them. With abundant cases, the teacher wanted us to know that gay people are just the same like others; some are even very talented. I was completely convinced by her at that time. However, after the test, my outcome was not going the way I expect. It said that I answered faster when "Gay" and "Bad" are in the same key than "Gay" and "Good" in the same key. And, my test result turned to be a moderate automatic preference for straight people compared to Gay people. I do believe this test can show some of my unconsciousness toward this topic so I was surprised at the result. Perhaps I still have some original belief in my mind to gay people. Maybe these tests let people know more about themselves.
2.
I think it is an ethical lapse because it is clearly unethical choice. The report with a logical organization and clear writing style is not the boss's work. He just takes credit for other person's achievement because it would advantage him. The report is from his worker; he should respect the worker's efforts on the report and copyrights but he does not. If I were the worker, I would think that it is not fair that why my report becomes my boss's and I would be angry about it. In this situation, I think I might make someone like my colleague who knows the truth write an anonymous letter to the CEO, telling CEO that my boss was cheating on him/her on the report thing. Sending this letter is to make the CEO less trust my boss, and the CEO might try to find out the real writer of the report. Meanwhile, my boss might know about the letter for CEO and blame me for it, I would say I have no idea about it but I am glad to see the letter. A boss who takes his workers' works as his own ones is not an honest man. Moreover, learning from this kind of boss and being his worker, there won't be a bright future, for sure.

沒有留言: