2007年10月2日 星期二

homework1:

Homework 1 Name: 高淑真 49482005
1. Implicit Experience
I did the ICA test about the comparison of the black and the white. The result is
that I have stronger preference on white people than black people. Actually, it is really out of my imagination! Before the test, I chose the opposite one, "I have stronger preference on black people than white people." But why I chose this one? On this summer vacation, I worked in Sea World, Florida for ten weeks. Every day I worked with black people more than white people a lot. Though it is very tiring working there, I had a great time. Those black people treated me very well and they also taught me a lot. However, when I thought about the white people, some of them were arrogant and careless. Therefore, I did not like to work with them because of their bad attitude. That is why I chose the item. But the result surprised me. I think it is really about the implicit inside body, just like the foreword before the test. Most people will have preference on white people. I think, every one has preference on beautiful items naturally and "white", also. For example, lots of females in Taiwan would like to make her selves white as much as possible. They always have impression that white is good, even some females in some other countries think about that, too. Maybe in my inner sub consciousness, I do think white is great than black. However, I will not deny all the black at all, because I know there are some great guys I can make friends with. As a result, I learn that we should avoid assumptions and judgments on others, especially for those people who have different cultures from us.
2. Ethical Choice
I think audience' feeling is vital. Though I may not be so comfortable
about my boss, I should care about the audience more. If I deny my boss on spot and tell the CEO that the report is made by me, I may lose my job rather than being promoted. Besides, as a good worker, I should be proud of myself as well as my boss and it can let him know that I am a dependable partner. But, also, I would let my boss deeply know that it is I that do the report for him. After that, he would trust me more and we can work together much successfully.



沒有留言: