2007年10月3日 星期三

Jane's homework 1

HOMEWORK 1 49482047 Jane
1. Implicit Beliefs
Those tests remind me of the aptitude test I took in my junior high, though they are quite different. Most importantly, those tests on this website are interesting. They can draw my interests easily rather than the test in junior high, which is dull. And I am surprised to find a claim in the background information that people do not give the correct answer not merely because they are willing but they are unable. To prove if this claim is true, I took two tests. One is Asian American - European American IAT, another is Family - Career IAT. Having seen the results, I find the claim quite fits my case. Moreover, I realize that what I think is correct does not win the approval of my subconscious. My first test result says that "Your data suggest a moderate association of Asian American with American and European American with Foreign compared to European American with American and Asian American with Foreign." But my consciousness says the inverse. The second test result says that "Your data suggest a strong association of Male with Career and Female with Family compared to Female with Career and Male with Family." However, I think I am a person of sexual equality. As a matter of fact, I am amazed at these unexpected results. Nevertheless, it is interesting to discover the subconscious answers, and I will take the other tests when I have free time.
2. Ethical Choices
This is an ethical lapse. It is because those reports are written by my own hands. There is no ethical dilemma for my boss to tell the truth or not. In fact, it is he who is immoral to pretend that he writes all reports. To tell the truth is never unethical. However, I will do nothing in this situation. It is truly that I am the reporter, and I do feel unfair about what my boss has done. Nevertheless, though my boss should not hide the truth, I should never disclose this injustice in the perspective of an enterprise. In an enterprise, a boss does have the right to give commands. And as a matter of course, people will credit the brilliant performance to the boss. Namely, a boss can be viewed as a representative of his crew. Actually, whether the performance is brilliant or not sweet, people will ascribe to the boss. On the other hand, the reason of my boss asking me to write reports for him is that he put great stock in my competence. Being a person who is regarded as important proves my value and that I am a competent assistant. If I am valuable enough, head-hunters would come to me, and I could have opportunities to a get better job. I should thank my boss for his reliance on me indeed.

沒有留言: