2007年10月4日 星期四

Homework1 49482028 Tara

Homwork1 49482028 Name: Tara

1. Reflection on Implicit project:

I choose"Weight Test" just because I'm trying to diet to lose weight recently. This test is very simple: the respondents have to sort those pictures and adjectives into categories as quickly as possible. However, when I take the second part of the test, I gradually get confused and more slowly to distinguish the fat people with positive adjectives from the thin people with negative adjectives. Actually, my result shows that I have "a strong automatic preference for thin people compared to fat people" and I surely admit it. In my opinion, although I have always dreamed of being in a good shape that has plenty of advantages, never do I believe fat people deserve those negative adjectives, such as agony, terrible, nasty and even failure. However, even though most people realize the definition of beauty doesn't lie in one's appearance, there is no denying that thin people are truly endeared to the major than fat people in society. For example, the model career is one of the most popular careers to youngsters in Taiwan; moreover, not only TV commercials but magazines are full of various slimming products. They keep claimed that skinny is not unhealthy but beautiful and everyone has his right to be pretty. Those scrawny celebrities get used to boasting their method of losing weights whether it is healthy or not. These behaviors twist our value on beauty and health unconsciously time by time. The result of the test shows that over half of participants (about 70%) argue automatic preference for thin people compared with fat people. The result also manifests that the stereotyping of weights still has great influence on people.

2. Ethical Choices:

I think the example is a kind of ethical dilemma. Because no one can help me prove this report is my work; even so, no one "want" to prove this just because this behavior is no beneficial to his job, which merely bring to himself series of disasters. If I were in the difficult situation, I neither unmask nor quarrel with by boss' devil deeds. I firmly assumed that openly opposition will put me at a disadvantage; furthermore, from his behavior I realize he isn't worthy and unreliable to be my leader, for his deed exposes his inability and selfishness. Consequently, I will work as hard as possible to seize every chance for advancement in my company because the fact that there is no promising under his administration. Therefore, I believe the most effective way is to endear myself to work and seek for promotion without pissing him off.



沒有留言: