2007年10月2日 星期二

HOMEWORK 1

Homework 1 49482004 江則潔

1. Implicit

There are so many people and so many cultures in the world. When we don't have the full knowledge of one culture, the misunderstanding or the stereotyping will happen. And I think it is the implicit belief, the thing that we might never aware of and accept, causes stereotyping.

I found the website "Implicit" very interesting, especially the second part of the test which is very like a game testing my reactive speed. I had tried some tests but the results didn't shocking me. The test of sexuality said that I had little to no automatic preference between Straight People and Gay People. Not knowing why, I felt content with it. Some people, like my father, will extremely oppose to homosexuality. But the young people like me will probably have no prejudice against homosexual people. But why? Why young people think being gay is "good", instead of "bad"? And why I almost got a relief when the test result said that I had no bias toward gay people? I think it is another interesting issue which can be discussed.

2. Ethical Choice

When I unfortunately have to face this kind of ethical dilemma, I think I won't say anything toward the CEO and my boss. Because if I tell the truth, my boss might feel very embarrassed and the situation will become very sticky. My boss might get angry at me then fire me. I don't want to have this kind of risk. But because of this event, I will never let my boss used me again. If he asks me to do this again, I think I will circumlocutory turn down by saying "I think Mary can do it better than me." or just ask him not to use my work as if it is his, if I dare.


沒有留言: