2007年10月1日 星期一

Homework 1 From Sandy

Homework 1 蔡依璇Sandy 49482037
1. The Project Implicit website provides tests for those who want to know what their minds prefer. Several topics are provided to choose from. "Age" is the type I chose. Since that I can not recognize foreigners' age, I want to know that which group I like, and how they are different in my mind. After the test, the result said, "Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Young compared to Old." I think that I got this result due to some factors: School, friends, family and educations. My family and education always tell me to respect and like the old; however, my friends are young people. There are also many young cultures around me: pop music, computer clubs, and other entertainments. In my mind I prefer the young, but because of my family and education, I just prefer to the young slightly.

2. If my boss claimed my reports to be his, I would be very angry. The unethical choice here is an ethical lapse. The employer should know what to do and what not to do concerning working ethics, especially for those whose positions are higher. If I happened to this situation, I would go to the boss directly and tell him to stop this behavior. I think that a good and ethical manager would accept my opinion and become regretful and shamed of doing it. In the contrary, if my manager did not think so, I think I had better change another working environment. An ethical person would not have this behavior; a high-position supervisor should not even do it.

沒有留言: