2007年10月7日 星期日

Homework 2 49482013 Jessica

Homework 2 49482013 Jessica
1. Ethical Choices
I will choose option 2, meeting with her face to face. I think this is the best way to solve the problem. Because voice mail message sometimes has time limits. If I want to leave a message in voice mail, I will choose the most important thing to say first, which is "Tanya, because of your attitude, team members are not willing to speak up. So you can not lead next week's meeting." It sounds rude isn't it? And Tanya may be confused by my message. I will not use e-mail to communicate with her. I think it is very informal, and inappropriate. Tanya may not take it seriously. Besides, Tanya may not have the habit of checking her e-mail everyday. Option 2 is the best way to avoid most of the situation mentioned above.
2. Telephones and Voice Mail
Hello, Mr. Gates, this is Jessica Huang. I just found that my office was moving to another on Monday morning, but I am having a meeting with my client in my office on Monday afternoon and I really need my office that morning. Can you please postpone it or call me when you get this message? You can reach me by calling this number 0911256465,0911256465. Thank you.
3. Exploring the Web on Your Own
At first, I thought this website a little difficult to use. I could not think of any symbols!! And then I found out the website divided all symbols into different groups. I could saw them group by group then things become easier. I found t the logo of "Audi"(the car manufacturer) represents fusion of the German car manufacturers Audi, Horsch, Wanderer and DKW in 1932. The symbol of bolt represented anger or power. Maybe that was the reason why Harry Potter got one on his forehead, because it showed the wrath of Lord Voldemort, or you could say it represents mysterious power of Harry which can defeat the darkest wizard in the world. I was really surprised that all symbols had their own meanings, sometimes more than one meaning! I used to think they were just meaningless graffiti. Symbol was a good tool to gain attention, to communicate and to unite people's thinking. Meanings of symbols could be easily understood by people who saw it. Symbols could also enlarge the power of the meaning, because sometimes people are afraid of things they did not familiar with.

沒有留言: