2007年10月9日 星期二

homework 2

Homework 2 Name: Sofla
1. Ethical Choices
If I was the team leader and my schedule was manageable, I would meet her in personal and tell her that I would never make her a team leader without improvement in her attitude toward others. As a team leader, I appreciated the aggressive attitude of Moore toward work, so I would like give her a chance to improve her attitudes. Here are two reasons why I choose meet with Moore in person:
First, although leaving a friendly e-mail or voice message are more convenient, meeting someone personally conveys respect and importance. Meeting with Moore implies that I take her proposal into account and I was sincerely looking forward to solve her problem for better performance. Second, face-to-face communication decreases the possibility of misunderstanding and increases the understanding toward each other. Tanya Moore's been with the company only for six weeks, but I already thought her was opinionated. Six weeks is not enough to know a person. There may be some misunderstandings. For example, Moors wants to impressive colleagues so much that she did not pay attention to others' opinions. But she is patient and sympathetic in daily life.
2. CRInfo, http://www.crinfo.org/ –a website providing conflict resolution
In this website, there are types of conflicts, which you can choose form and get your advice, and some conflicts-solving theories. It categorizes the conflicts. You can define yourself in the definition and follow the advice to solve your problem. It chose the word user is quite amusing. The first category I chose was relation conflicts. It demonstrates how to detangle the relation problem step by step. Then I went through the family conflict and employment conflict, I also scanned some conflict-solving short essay.
After I ran through these personal relational theories, I found four characteristics stand out: calm, sympathy, negotiation and mediator. No matter who you are arguing with, the first thing we both have to do is to stay calm. Then both sides can exanimate the problem clearer. Second, we try the other's shoes to think what is his or her position and why the decision is made. Third, although it is not always likely to find a win-win solution, everyone in the conflict should try to find a way-out to improve the situation. Finally, the interaction with the third-part side, that is mediator, can smooth the communication process. But only with the agreement of both sides does help the negotiation.
Most of all, to solve the conflict has to have the desire to end the conflict. The reason why there are so many conflicts in the world is that there are always some person take themselves beyond peace and community.


____________________________________________________________________________________<

沒有留言: