2007年10月8日 星期一

homework 2 from Sandra

Homework2                                                                         49482012   Sandra
1.      I would like to send her an e-mail message instead of leaving her a voice mail message or meeting with her. I consider that a message which is written out is more formal and explicit than the one which is only told by someone. Besides, using clear and specific words can correctly deliver the actual intention of the sender to the receiver and avert the unnecessary misunderstanding.
 
2.      Good afternoon, Mr. Goodman. This is Sandra Chen from the office of marketing department. I'd like to inform you that I just received the message that I'm going to be moved to another office on Monday morning, without any announcement in advanced. Actually, I'm going to meet an important client in my office on the Monday afternoon and I need to finalize some contract details before the noon. I'd like to know if it is possible to cancel the move or postpone it. Please call me back as soon as possible, and my cell phone number is 0968911911. I'd like to know your decision. Thank you.
 
3.      I browse the website: www.businessoftouch.com, and I think it is useful. I appreciate the comics, because it can show the actual movements of greeting in different countries to the visitors of the website. I find that people greet others with handshakes in most of the countries, such as Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, France, China, etc. Eye contacts may differ from country to country. For instance, eye contact will not be appropriate when a female greets a male. On the contrary, people in Spain maintain firm handshake and eye contact. Besides, people in India have special gestures for greetings. They greet others with namaste, which is made by pressing their palms together with fingers up below their chins; meanwhile, they nod their heads.

沒有留言: