2007年10月13日 星期六

Jane's homework 3

HOMEWORK III
Audience Profile
8.
(1) My audience is consumers of television sets.
(2) They may be exhilarating about the price reduction.
(3) They need to know how much price reduction they can enjoy, and whether all kinds of TV sets or only specific brands can get price reduced. Furthermore, they need to know the closing date of the price reduction.
10.
(1) My audience is manager of the property management company.
(2) The manager may feel frustrated about my complaining.
(3) In order to fix the problems efficiently, the manager needs to know the details of the problems with the heating and air conditioning. In addition, the manager might want to know the duration of the problems.
12.
(1) My audience is the seller of the piano.
(2) The seller may be unwilling to pay for the damage.
(3) To convince the seller that my request is reasonable, I will tell him or her details of the damage, including how it is incurred and why it costs $150. READER BENEFIT?
Analyze This Document
I. Costs only pennies a day
A. Individual coverage is only $17.85 per quarter; family coverage is just $26.85 per quarter
B. No individual rate increases
C. Convenient payment via EFTbilled quarterly
D. Cash paid in addition to any other insurance carried
II. Benefit and coverage
A. Benefit is substantial
1. $100,000 for accidental death on common carrier
2. $200,000 for accidental death in motor vehicle accident
3. $100 a day hospitalization as result of either on common carrier or in motor vehicle accident
B. Covers accidental death
1. When riding as fare-paying passenger on public transportation, including buses, trains, jets, ships, trolleys, subways or any other common carrier
2. In motor vehicle accidents occurring while driving or riding in or on automobile, truck, camper, motor home, or nonmotorized bicycle
III. Guaranteed acceptance for all applicants
A. No physical exam or health questions
B. Free, no-obligation examination period
Learn from the Best in the Business
1. I think the main reason these blogs are selected as the best on the web is they follow the trends. Their articles give us hints of the latest trends in business, and make us able to catch up with the recent changes. Aother reason is these bloggers put their articles into circumstantial classification. Business is not only business, it can be divided into many parts. Categories such as advertising, sales, marketing, and big picture are included. Readers also benefited from the classification for they access to what they want easily. The other reason is the bloggers give their own opinions. I think it is a pleasure to know different opinions toward the same topic. And it is the best advantage of a blog that readers can give comments, especially when some opinions might be inspiring. In fact, these reasons above apply to every kinds of website. Once a website can gives latest news, categorized the topics thoroughly, and allows people exchanging their view, it is a perfect one.
2. Though blog is convenient for people to share opinions, according to forbes.com, some blogs do not generate much feedback from readers. Furthermore, there are some links are misdirected. I think it is a pity that a blog can not receive much feedback from reader, and the blogger might feel depressed about it. As for the misdirected links, being a reader, I might get angry if I can not get into the link successfully. I always consider misdirected links annoying.
3. Honestly, having browse through these blogs, I was surprised to know that blogs can be used as a tool of preaching knowledge and trends. Though the information on these blogs might be out of date as I am a manager, I can take the advantage of blog as these bloggers do. I can post the project on my company's blog and let staff members comment on it, so I can revise the project according to others' advice. Furthermore, I can show detail information about my company to people, and they can raise their questions or give opinions on the policy or prospects of my company. My point is "the more advice I can get, the more I can improve."


1 則留言:

anne 提到...

I can't agree with you any more. Whenever I am eager to a website but I fail because of some problems, I will also be realy angry. It is really frustrating, isn't it?