2007年10月7日 星期日

HOMEWORK 2

Homework 2 49482004江則潔

1. Ethical Choice

I will choose the third option, sending her a friendly e-mail message. Because when writing an e-mail, I have enough time to figure out a best way to tell her the truth. On the other hand, if I decide to have a meeting with her, what will happen is hard to say. Talking to her face to face may make her feel that I take this thing seriously, but if she can't stand this then start crying or glowering at me, the situation will be out of control. It is very likely to happen because when I talk to her in face, she has no time to calm down, especially when the person who makes her upset is just in front of her. However, when she reads e-mail alone at home, she has much time to rethink what I say.

2. Telephone and Voice Mail

Hello Mr. Ocean, this is Maria Woods. I'd just learned that my office will be moved on Monday morning. I am sorry to say that I have an important meeting in my office for Monday afternoon and I have to finalize some contracts in the morning. It will be really helpful if the move can be canceled. Could you make a phone call to me at anytime? My phone number is 23547788, 23547788. Thank you. Have nice day.

3. Symbols.com

It is a very interesting website. It collects thousands or millions of signs from all over the world. It is fantastic. There are so much symbols and signs around us in everyday life, but most of us aren't aware of them or even ignore the information of them. We use a lot of symbols a day, but we don't know how those symbols form or what they actually mean. Through this website, we can find the answers.

For example, the peace sign is commonly seen. But it also has the meaning of anti-nuclear. I had learned how this sign was formed from "Hearts in Atlantis", a novel by Stephen King, but the website gives me more details about it. A sign can contain a meaning and become a powerful nonverbal word. Just like the students in 60's use the peace sign to show their disaffection toward the war in Vietnam. We can say that the peace sign is what gathers people and encourages people.

沒有留言: