2007年10月7日 星期日

Homework2 Anne

Homework
Anne
1. Tanya Moore
I will choose to send her a friendly e-mail
message, since it is convenient to send an e-mail. In
the e-mail, I will tell her politely that I am very
glad to know she wants to train herself the ability of
leading and help me hold the meeting. Yet, I am not
sure if she is ready for such an important task.
According to my daily observation, sometimes she makes
others somewhat nervous in the meetings. It is not a
good phenomenon. Maybe she should take a second
thought to see if she can succeed in holding a
meeting. If she still has any question, she can give
me a call. I am very willing to help her solve her
problems.

2. Telephone and voice mail
Hello, Mr. Lin. This is Anne Wang. I am sorry to
disturb your beautiful weekends, but I have something
emergency to tell you. I have an important meeting on
Monday afternoon, and I need to use my office in the
morning. So, I can't have my office be moved on that
day. Could you please postpone the day of moving? I
would be glad if you can do me the favor. Please phone
me to let me know your decision. My phone number is
0933XXXXXX. Have a nice weekend. Bye.

3. Introduce a website
At my first sight of the website, I was attracted
to it, and was eager to know more about it. I like the
arrangement of the website. It is so cute. It is a
website which provides information of greeting people
from other countries, such as Australia, Japan,
America, and so force. From my observation, in western
countries, people tend to shake hands when meeting
with others. On the contrary, oriental people prefer
to bow. Western people stand closer to the other
person while oriental people keep a short distance to
the other. Eye contact is very important in western
culture. Yet in oriental countries, people usually
lower their eyes. They consider it to be less
impolite. In this website, French people are the most
enthusiastic. They even kiss others on the cheeks. The
website use short animation to express their ideas.
Compared with other websites which use texts, this
website is absolutely much more interesting. I did not
feel bored when browsing through it. However, maybe it
should provide more information of other countries,
such as Arabic, Russia, and so on. I expect to learn
more from the website.

3 則留言:

Jessica 提到...

ha I think this website is useful for our international etiquette and culture course

Unknown 提到...

Hey, you did not specify which website you are describing. We can guess. But it is always better that you state it directly.

anne 提到...

Sorry, I will be careful the next time. The website I chose was The Business of Touch.