2007年10月7日 星期日

Homework 2 Brian

Homework 2 10/07
1. Ethical Choice
I will choose option 2, meeting with Tanya Moore
face-to-face. I don't think this issue can be solved
simply by sending a voice mail or an e-mail because it
must take more than few sentences to persuade her not
to lead the meeting. No one can accept a short
message telling you that you can't lead a meeting
without a satisfied explanation; especially when Moore
is an opinionated person. Besides, meeting her seems
to be more sincere than the other two. Using the
other two options might cause more misunderstandings
than meeting her in face. I will try to tell her what
I have observed recently, and the reason why she
can't lead the next meeting. Of course, making her
to accept that she is an opinionated person might be
the most challenging task, but as the team leader, I
must try my best to convince her to take my advice. I
must try to strike a balance that I do appreciate her
volunteering to lead the next meeting, but there are
some things that she must understand. Leading a
meeting doesn't mean you make everyone shut up and
listen to you only. It means you collect all opinions
from out team and then make the final decision or the
conclusion which is best for all of us and the
company. Tanya Moore must learn more and then she can
be a good leader.

2. Telephones and Voice Mail
Hello, Mr. Big. This is Brian Lin, the manager of
Production Department. Sorry interrupting your
holidays. I heard that my office is going to be moved
to another place on Monday morning late on Friday
afternoon. If I was informed by you earlier, then I
think moving my office is okay with me. There is only
one little problem, on Monday afternoon I have a
client meeting about exporting our products overseas
and I need to use my computer and other stuff in my
office to finalize the contract on Monday morning. I
wonder if you can hold over the moving after the
meeting. It will definitely do both company and me a
big favor. Or if there are other solutions and it
wouldn't bother you to call me, please do call me; my
cell phone is on 24 hours. My phone number is 0 9 2 6
x x x x x x. 0926 xxx xxx. Hope to hear from you as
soon as possible. Have a nice Holiday!

3. Exploring the Web on Your Own
I was planning to do the 3M one, but I couldn't surf
the website because it was removed. So I did the
other one. After checking all three websites, I'd
like to talk about the second website. Out of three
websites, this one is the easiest to understand. When
I first saw the website, I just saw the country names
on it. After I clicked the country, I saw a postcard
flew in with a simple animation showing the different
customs when meeting people from different countries.
At the lower part of postcard, there is a description
to explain more details. I found out that people from
western countries are used to shaking hands with each
other while most Asian people tend to nod their head
with each other. But honestly, I wish I could see
more information in the website. I found the website
is a little bit too simple. Maybe it can give us more
other information such as attitudes towards the work
than standards for the nonverbal communication between
business colleagues. And perhaps add more countries in
it. Thus, we don't have to surf on the Internet
trying to find another websites. One good website is
enough.

沒有留言: