2007年10月8日 星期一

Homework 2 Tara

Homework2 49482028 Tara

1. Ethical Choices:

If I was the team leader, I will send her a friendly e-mail message instead of leaving a voice mail or meeting with her face to face. Because if I meet her face to face, I'll never know what is going to happen, especially when you are going to refuse someone. If she cannot accept my advice or become emotional, the situation may out of control and embarrassing to face. The failure of meeting will definitely impacts severely on next team meeting and our relationship. Besides, in my point of view, using a voice message has some restrictions because any slightly change of volume and tone may affect one's feeling. I have no idea whether she got my words clearly or not so I think voice message are usually too briefly and simply to explain one's message, which always causes misunderstandings. Therefore, I use e-mail to convey my message. I will try my best to write as objective as possible to let her know that her opinionated personality may make other team members too nervously to speak up. I believe that telling her the truth by mail indirectly can let her think over r more calmly.

2. Telephone and Voice Mail:

Hello, Mr. Shepherd, this is Tara Chiang. I am sorry for bothering you. I've just known that my office will be move to another place on Monday morning. However, I have a very important client meeting just scheduled in my office on Monday afternoon and I really need this office to finalize some contracts in the morning. So I will really appreciate that if the move can be canceled or put off for a couple days. Could you please phone me back when you get the message? You can call me anytime as you can and my phone number is 0955355755, 0955355755. Thank you.

3. Symbols.com:

When the first time browsing the website, I think it is simple and easy to use. This website not only contains plenty of symbols all over around the world but guides people how to search it step-by-step. It is very user-friendly and I very appreciate that. After browsing the website, I found there are a lot of symbols we daily use but we do not know what they mean exactly. For instance, the exclamation mark is one of the most common signs we use, but do you know why it is compose of the vertical line and a dot? I don't know even though I've use it so frequently!! The vertical line means something powerful and the point means to focus on something. Since I used the sign, I have only known it can be the meaning of "incredible, strange or something abnormal". It is also interesting to know it can be a good move when it used in the game. The website makes me rethink how often I ignore the proper usage of these signs. From now on we all should use these symbols more correctly. Because the meaning of each symbol varies from culture to culture, the more careful we use it, the less disputes it appears.



沒有留言: